Prev: Re: SMLs Next: FT3 rules and SMs

Re: FT3 rules and SMs

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 09:25:18 -0700
Subject: Re: FT3 rules and SMs

Yum Yum Yab Yum wrote:

> I've been watching the latest discussion of the Salvo Missiles with
interest.

...Snip...JTL

> I haven't figured a way of easily maintaining range beyond 30 mu and
still keep
> my L3s in arc of the target ship(s) before they closed the range down
further
> for nominal SMs (my opponents have rarely felt the need to resort to
> extended-range SMs). This with Cinematic movement. I still feel speed,
plenty
> of PDS', and an escort screen will work fine, though (have served me
well
> enough over time, anyway!)
>
> Mk

Mk,
     Thanks for the comments.	Now to add a comment that is almost off
topic:	 I do not know about anyone else, but my gaming is once a month
for about 6 hours.   The thought of spending the day trying to maneuver
for a 1 or 2 point shot every 5 or 6 turns just doesn't make my heart
go pitter-patter. (If this was the real world and I had a ship and
lives hanging on my actions, that is a totally different story.)
     The current project for the July/August meeting is a 20,000+
point Kra'Vak and NAC shootout, I think this game will be completed
in less than three hours, start to finish.

     Comments logically extending the SML techmology:
1) Mount an SML warhead on a standard FT missile.
2) Arm the rockets of a submunition pack with the SML mini-charges.

     Well, if nothing else, the list is talking space combat again!

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: SMLs Next: FT3 rules and SMs