Prev: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules Next: Re: SMLs

Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

From: "Brendan Pratt" <bastard@o...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 18:10:48 +1000
Subject: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

With clever placement of missiles, one *can* certainly get within the
defensive cordon of scouts near a primary target, but I think you will
find
it only happens consistently against opponents that fly in straight
lines
all the time at the same speed - we've been experimenting here for a few
weeks and do affect the use of SMLs significantly - a missile armed
opponent
needs to be more careful with targeting and/or hold their fire until the
smaller ships are destroyed - a tactic which can cost a missile player
dearly if his opponent concentrates fire on SML ships themselves...

Brendan Pratt - Complete Bastard - bastard@oalink.com.au
"I always said you could get more with a kind word and a 2x4
that you could get with just a kind word!" - Marcus Cole