Prev: Re: Troop Capacity Next: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 19:06:56 -0700
Subject: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

Geo-Hex wrote:

> I take it you are NOT rolling to see how many missiles acquire the
> target as specified in the rules?  On average only 3 or 4 will
> acquire, and the PDS being better, 1/3 of those will go down before
> exploding.  We followed the rules to the letter and found the
> missiles to be very dicey at best.

xxx Actually, we did roll.  I was forced to sacrafice a heavy cruiser
to protect my BB.  JTL

...SNIP... (reguarding expendables) JTL

> We shot those up before launching.

xxx  I can only presume that the rate of closure is increadbly slow
or you are using custom ships with lots of 3/A batteries on them.
(Or possibly you are using the SMLs after the beam fire.)
The limited number of FSE ships that I have seen did not have L3/A
batteries at all, and these were BBs.	JTL
> KR, Geo-Hex

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Troop Capacity Next: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules