Prev: Re: Miniature Battle Damage Next: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:42:13 -0700
Subject: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com wrote:
...Snip... JTL
> If you can afford to fire 4 SMLs a turn great, but some will be wasted
> with that type of coverage and real soon you will be out of reloads
> and then what?

XXX   Well, I would take my nearly undamaged ship, pull up next to your
ship which is well on the way to the second threshold check, and shoot
it out.   JTL

> Only if the scout is the closest ship (pick an aim point for the back
> of the formation in order to bypass the escorts and hit the capitals
> behind)

xxxx  I covered this in a prior message to Jon.  JTL

>  Lets take a look at percentages. With 30% of mass used for the
average hull,

XXX   As yet I cannot comment on the build rules/ship construction,
I do not have the FB yet.   JTL

>  (the 6+ extra 3-arc L3 batts I can fit on the example SDN if T2 are
very
>  tempting)

XXX   It would be interesting to build the same ship at thrust 3, and
replace all the '6+ extra 3-arc L3 batts' with 6 arc L1 battery.
(the following is an opinion not based in knowledge of the FB)
     I suspect the change I have suggested will defeat your ship
more than half the time.   (All else being equal)
Reasons:
1) I can outturn your ship.
2) I can close with your ship.
3) I can outshoot your ship at close range.
   (This winds up being critical, I will be throwing more dice and
therefore getting more sixes/rerolls than you can generate with
your more limited arcs and numbers of die.)   JTL

>  Dean

   This is being sent as a 'something to think about' message and
is not intended as critical.  (I am fully aware that sometimes I
can be rather direct.)

In two to four weeks I may have more to say, by then I should have
a FB.  (And at that point I'll have to consider if anyone really
wants to hear any of it.)

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Miniature Battle Damage Next: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules