Prev: RE: Full Thrust 3 rules Next: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

From: dean.gundberg@b...
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 98 13:36:20 -0600
Subject: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

 > A mass one hull w/FTL drive (If not an SDB), thrust equal
 > to or better than the capital/cruiser it is to protect.
 > I do not know the design point system, I suspect that the cheapest
 > hull with a SLD(sub light drive) equal to 8, will cost less than
 > 15 points.

 Mass 3, 1 for hull, 1 for FTL, 1 for Thrust 8 drives.
 Total cost, 9 points

 > These drones are launched and stationed off the port and
 > starboard of the protected ship. (Another off the stern if you
desire)

 OK, I will use the Class 3 Beam Batteries (A Batteries) (36" range) to
fire
 on these drones the turn before the SML is in range for the normal load
(24"
 range).  Since the drones have only 1 damage point I should be able to
take
 them out easily.  The escorts would also be taking out drones with long
range
 fire so the SML fire may not be delayed at all or at the most a turn or
two.

 Dean

Prev: RE: Full Thrust 3 rules Next: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules