Prev: Re: Fleet Book in US? Next: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 10:26:00 -0700
Subject: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

Jonathan White wrote:

> On 23 Jun 98, at 11:33, Glover, Owen wrote:
> > We both decided the same as John, a bucket load of small scoutship
> > 'missile sponges' to absorb the SMLs. But then we are starting to
> > min/max the fleets, No?
> > Owen G
> Ermm. could someone explain how this is supposed to work? I don't see
how having a
> couple of little ships along with your 'fleet of the line' is supposed
to absorb SML damage?
> Or have I missed something and there is some standard rule as to the
priority SML
> barrages have to give to targets?
>
>			  TTFN
>				  Jon

Jon,
     You will more than likely get more than one reply, but thats
the way things go.

     In dealing with the SML heavy fleets, and if in a free design
game/campaign, you need to design a VERY small FTL ship.
A mass one hull w/FTL drive (If not an SDB), thrust equal to
or better than the capital/cruiser it is to protect.
I do not know the design point system, I suspect that the cheapest
hull with a SLD(sub light drive) equal to 8, will cost less than 15
points.
     These drones are launched and stationed off the port and
starboard of the protected ship. (Another off the stern if you desire)
     As the SML rules were explained to me the SML will target the
nearest ENEMY ship with ALL of the attacks from that SML.

(One can now start the argument of what constitutes a 'ship'.)

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Fleet Book in US? Next: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules