Prev: Re: Troop Capacity Next: Re: Troop Capacity

Re: AOG B5 starship minatures

From: Thomas.Granvold@E... (Tom Granvold)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 15:08:55 -0700
Subject: Re: AOG B5 starship minatures

> I'm gearing up to play EFSB in style, by using miniatures.
> Alas, the only B5 miniatures come from one source,
> Agents Of Gaming.
>

>  The EarthForce Omega was a real pain.  The fit on the
> two halves of the rotating section were warped, and required
> major filing to make fit.  I happened to have a piece of
> metal rod the same diameter as the hole in the rotating
> section.  I used a Dremel motor tool to drill holes in
> the fore and aft sections for the rod, and assembled the
> rotating section around it. Now I can spin the rotating
> section like the propeller on a toy plane!

    :-)

>  The model is on two stands, and is very tippy.  I glued
> the stands to a small retangle of wood I got at the local
> craft store, and drew in the EFSB firing arcs on the base,
> with a center dot indicating the position of the ship.
> A 12-sided base would have been nicer, but I haven't
> figured out an easy way to manufacture those.
> (i.e., one that doesn't require a lot of effort on my part...)

    While not a 12-sided base, a large metal washer works well,
and if needed a smaller washer can be used to fill the hole of
the larger.  Again just paint the firing arcs on the washer.
For large ships, the Super Galactic Dreadnought of Starfleet
Wars, I added a couple of stiff wire supports from the middle
of the washer to edges of the miniatures to stablize it.  I even
found wire that was already black.

Enjoy,

Tom Granvold				<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Prev: Re: Troop Capacity Next: Re: Troop Capacity