Prev: Re: SMLs Next: Star Wars Imperial Line of Battle

Re: Modern Equivalents

From: "Steve Pugh" <mafb90@p...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 20:49:34 +0100
Subject: Re: Modern Equivalents

[Talking about HMGs]
>  In DS2 they're APSWs. (See pages 13 or 35)
>  In SG2 they don't exist.
>
> ARRRRGH!  APSWs are translated into SAWs for SG2.

Only so far as the vehicle design rules go....

SAWs in SG2 are clearly meant to represent the equivalents to modern
SAWs,
LMGs, and GPMGs. These weapons are factored into the ordinary small arms

of DS2 fireteams. HMGs are specifically mentioned as being APSWs in DS2
and are totally lacking from SG2.

> Hrumph.  Anybody got a solution to this?

There have been threads about this in the past. Check Jerry Han's
archives.
One of these days I'll get my rules (modified by several of the comments
here)
on a web site, honestly I will.

> >> What's the Size Class of the USA's M1xx? 3 or 4?  Gun is same size
as
> >> vehicle?
>
> >Not sure what you're talking about.
>
> Sorry, not clear - I meant to say USA's M1A2 - lastest variant.  I had
> 'xx' 'cause I couldn't remember latest variant numbers.

In a regular DS2 game, I'd call it Size 3. In a 20th century tech only
game I'd
call it size 4.

	Steve
 I never answer letters and you don't like my tie."  - The Doctor

Stephen Richard Pugh	 http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/ax16

Prev: Re: SMLs Next: Star Wars Imperial Line of Battle