Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: Re: Troop Capacity

Re: Communication and Travel

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 13:59:06 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Communication and Travel

You wrote:

><shrug> depends if tanks are hover, or grav. Some things just need a

Dependeth on your grav paradigm.  If you're using Trav-grav that flies
at 300kph 50m off the ground, perhaps.	But that's not the feel I get
from DS II.  YMMV.

>You made the point before that getting them when they are landed, in
>garrison, or going for the crews when vulnerable (on r&r etc) which I
>agree with. But there comes a point when the technological gap in
>battlefield conditions gets too extreme for the lower tech to be able
>to achieve much.

Which is why you don't face them "on the battlefield" but in a place
and time of your chosing.  Guerilla tactics 101.

>The whole war.

Maybe you missed it--but in order to avoid lynch mobs, I'll discuss
this over e-mail, not list.

John

Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: Re: Troop Capacity