Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: combat spoilers for "Movements of Fire and Shadow" (was: EFSB: new info from recent eps)

Re: EFSB/B5 spoiler (season 5)

From: Jeff Lyon <jefflyon@m...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 08:06:50 -0500
Subject: Re: EFSB/B5 spoiler (season 5)

At 10:48 PM 6/17/98 -0700, you wrote:

>I just watched this week's B5 ("Movements of Fire and Shadow") and
whoa,
>what an episode!  Lots of space battles for us to simulate with EFSB/FT
>2.5.  We see some new systems in use by some of the combatants that
haven't
>been previously shown in the game as is.  Any ideas on how to depict
them
>in the game?  Replies should probably come with spoiler warnings just
in
>case.

Regarding that skirmish between the Drazi and the Centauri Vorchans in
the
opening scene, it looked to me like the Drazi ships (Sunhawks?) launched
SLRs from under their "wings."	These were intercepted by the Centauri's
light pulse cannon (small twin-barreled dorsal turret).  Then the
Centauri
launched those spheroid homing missiles (standard MT missiles, perhaps?)
each of which took out one Drazi ship.	Then they closed in and
continued
firing with the same light pulse cannon used to shoot down the missiles.
will have to look at the tape again, but it did not look like the
Centauri
used the spinal mount (?) pulse cannon we've seen them use in every
other
instance so far.

Cool scene.

Jeff