Prev: Re: DS2 Mortar Teams Next: EFSB: new info from recent eps.

RE: SG2 Bunkers/Buildings rules(long)

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 22:56:47 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: SG2 Bunkers/Buildings rules(long)

You wrote:

>There are rules for casualties to vehicle occupants who are inside a
>damaged/destroyed vehicle. I was figuring they'd work for
bunker/building
>occupants as well.

Yeah.  Part of problem is that I've got surface familiarity with rules
but havn't played enough to get them down cold like I do the DS rules.

>If you have a bunker with 'blind' sides (w/o firing slits) you can
just >move up to it - no close assault roll. How you'd model what
happens next >is up to you - perhaps a die shift for the attackers?

Places charges with no rolls, and after that, ka-boom!	Roll as per
your setup.

>Someone just mentioned (in a message I erased) that they (or a friend)
had >an entire urban terrain gaming table. Wow...any chance of
descriptions, or >even better photos on a webpage somewhere? I've just
started thinking >about buildings - most of my terrain is of the
hill-and-tree variety - and >I know that's fairly typical. An entire
table of buildings would be >something to see...

That would be.	I've got hills and felt-with-a-few-trees-on-them to
define my forests.  I've also got 'rough' terrain--mottled brown felt
chopped into pieces.  Buildings are way to expensive to shell out for
now--my priority is on throwing together Stargrunt forces.
(Fortunately I've found a few suckers who want some of the 40K stuff
I've accumulated over the years, and I'm getting them to finance my
mech platoon dismounts [read NSL PzG])	Next step--Islamic Feddies to
shoot at.

John

Prev: Re: DS2 Mortar Teams Next: EFSB: new info from recent eps.