Prev: Re: A Few New DS2 Ideas Next: RE: SG2 Bunkers/Buildings rules(long)

Re: DS2 Mortar Teams

From: <NVDoyle@a...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 22:16:21 EDT
Subject: Re: DS2 Mortar Teams

In a message dated 98-06-17 18:38:49 EDT, John writes:

<< Treat as towed artillery, and if they're designating for themselves,
 I'd treat it like any other direct fire. >>

So, if I have an infantry platoon that incorporates a FIST (FIre Support
Team)
and a mortar team (along with rifle & attendant others, of course), and
the
FIST is successful in calling the shot right for the mortar team, that
unit's
direct fire will include an artillery bombardment, as per the arty
rules?
Does all of this happen in the same activation?  Should there be a bonus
for
the designator and artillery element being in the same unit?  What about
modular vehicle that has designation capability for it's own integral
artillery weapons?  Would that designate & fire on the same activation?
Should it even have to roll to 'call in' artillery that is in the same
vehicle?

Noah V. Doyle

Prev: Re: A Few New DS2 Ideas Next: RE: SG2 Bunkers/Buildings rules(long)