Prev: Re: DS2 Mortar Teams Next: Re: Planetary Infrastructure/Invasion/etc

RE: SG2 Bunkers/Buildings rules(long)

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 09:06:40 +1000
Subject: RE: SG2 Bunkers/Buildings rules(long)

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Burger [mailto:burger00@camosun.bc.ca]

>>I also notice you make it
>> practically impossible to knock down the entire building (max d12
>> quality, vs d12xarmor) when on a small structure that's likely.

>It's actually QUALITY of unit & D12x4 for the charge itself, vs. target
>surface's ARMOUR (D12xwhatever)

>Perhaps after the target wall is breached in a MAJOR result, the rest
of
>the walls roll vs. HALF their armour value? (the charge's D12x4 vs half
>armour of each connecting surface (wall/roof)) That makes it more
likely
>that a charge will blow the building down, esp. in lighter structures.

Hey, I like you first suggestions well enough. I've worked with plenty
of Pioneers doing breaching in the past and a charge that will 'flatten'
a concrete bunker is way too much overkill. The pioneers have to carry
the demo kit with them. Enough explosive to flatten one bunker will be
enough to breach 3, 4 or 5? Anyway breaching charges shape the effect of
the explosive that is how they are effective.

We'll playtest it at next available game (Paul O'Grady has an Urban
setting in 25mm; approx 50 buildings on a 8'X4' table with no gap larger
than 6 cm!!!).

Cheers,

Owen G

Prev: Re: DS2 Mortar Teams Next: Re: Planetary Infrastructure/Invasion/etc