Prev: Re: What makes a Carrier? (ftfb) Next: Re: FB System Bits or Font?

Re: A Few New DS2 Ideas

From: <NVDoyle@a...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 22:33:11 EDT
Subject: Re: A Few New DS2 Ideas

In a message dated 98-06-16 01:57:30 EDT, a few folks write:

<< >Allow Evasion to assist in GMS fire avoidance

 >Nah.	Most GMSs are not going to be optically guided.  They're going
> be fire and forget. >>

I wasn't thinking of evasion of optical guidance, but of the missile's
manuvering capabilities; jinking, dodging, etc.  This would be rolled
with
either the ECM or the PDS roll - not sure which yet.

>>Give Infantry a 'Damaged" state, much like vehicles (again, more
detail >needed)

>Don't like.  Not on scale of Dirstide.  DS infantry element is a fire
>team. To have military effect, needs to stay relatively intact. (Try
>playing SG with 4-man teams, you'll see what I mean).	Once you drop
>one or two of 'em, you've probably a)fuxored their morale state,
>b)knocked out the SAW, and/or c)concentrated survivor's minds on aiding

>wounded.

You're right - I keep slipping back into squad/platoon-level
mentalities.  The
Combat Walker Evasion, VTOL Evasion, Infantry Walker Run and Bombing Run
ideas
will be integrated into my House Rules.

Any other ideas, everybody
BTW, work does progress on the Nukes, Dogs & Air-Defense Rules...
ADS/HEL/5/SUP...bad, bad, very bad.

Noah V. Doyle
NVDoyle@aol.com

Prev: Re: What makes a Carrier? (ftfb) Next: Re: FB System Bits or Font?