Prev: RE: Communication and Travel Next: Re: Communication and Travel

Re: Troop Capacity

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 19:28:17 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Troop Capacity

You wrote:

>Yeah, this has always kind of bothered me as well.  Basically,
something >that was the size of a battleship could only carry a combat
company?  >This implies that starships are extremely volume
inefficient.  Now, you >can argue anything you want (after all, it's a
game! (8-) ), but I guess >I read Starship Troopers too many times, (or
maybe Crusade (8-) )and want >the ability to drop entire divisions if
necessary.

Again--I'm being a little deviant (different FTL, Different Major
powers, Different troop capacities.  Any other game company would have
sent around the fellas with the ax handles by now.  ;).  But in
Starship Troopers, a corvette (Rodger Young) carried a platoon of Power
Armored men.  And that's at about 60 to a platoon, as they have two
sections of three squads each.	Which comes to a total of twenty
elements of PA, or a short company in my background, given an 8 element
platoon and 3 men to an element.  And the history I've worked up does
involve multiple Corps assaulting planets--I'm assuming the Tagmata can
be moved in it's entirety.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: RE: Communication and Travel Next: Re: Communication and Travel