Prev: Re: Troop Capacity Next: Re: Troop Capacity

Commissars

From: "Paul O'Grady" <paulog@o...>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 09:42:42 +1000
Subject: Commissars

Owen and I have been throwing a few ideas around for an NAC vs ESU Urban
assualt campaign we plan to commence shortly.  The ESU will be fielding
reinforced Compnay of regular Army troops.  We will be using a Pls of 3
Rifle squads (8 men, 1 SAW and a GMAS each) and a HQ Squad of 8 Men with
no
spt weapons.  To give this org an distinctly ESU Flavour we are
bantering
around the idea of Commissars...

The Pl HQ Squad is comprised of 2 four man teams.  1 Team is the Pl
Commander and 3 guys with SMG/Assault rifles.  The other 4 men comprise
Commissar and 3 "Helpers" to ensure the Political Correctness of the
Pl...

The Commissar (and his cronies) can detach from the HQ Squad and form
their
own squad when desired (act and characteristics of a normal foot squad).

The Commissar can give away actions only ONCE per Turn and only if
within
6" for direct communication (As Owen pointed out, if the Commissar tells
squad to assault a position by radio all he will get back is a
"Sorry..you
are breaking up"- but its different if he tells them at gun point).

The Commissar can help inspire nearby troops by spouting party lines and
few threatening gestures to assist nearby Squads (within 6") with their
CONF checks.  The Commissar rolls a d4, the result of which is added to
their roll.

Eg a Reg 2 squad comes under fire and the section commander gets taken
out.
 They need to roll better than 5 on a d8 to pass their CONF check- they
roll a 4.  However, a Commissar is with them and rolls a 2 on his d4.
The
squad therfore have a total of 4+2=6 and so they pass.

If the Squad rolls a '1', they automatically fail the test (The
commissar
can only do so much...)

Any comments and suggestions are most welcome.
Paul

Prev: Re: Troop Capacity Next: Re: Troop Capacity