Prev: Nea Rhomaioi was ...Re: Communication and Travel Next: Re: OU ships

Re: OU ships

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 00:43:10 +0100
Subject: Re: OU ships

At 16:58 11/06/98 -0700, you wrote:
>If anyone is interested in a possible OU fleet, I've got one on my
>webpage.
>The largest ships I've designed for it is a BB (a rather obscene
design)
>& a VERY light carrier (extremely obscene), but the cruisers & below
are
>all balanced to allow mixed mission profiles.
>
>http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/ft/oufleet.htm
>
>'Neath Southern Skies

	May I say that your battleship design is just down right
strange. 14
submuntions packs? Aquire target, fire, then rack off? The whole idea
(using it or facing it) just makes me shudder.
	The other thing we should consider is how close are relations
between the
OU and the major states? If the OU can depend on outside support (or
that
it can stay out of any major conflict) then the fleet and its individual
units will be smaller. If the OU has to go it entirely alone then I
think
it will have 3-4 really big fleet units and that all capitals will
emphasize survivability (good armour plus screens).
	Besides I've already painted up a Superdread and 2 fleet
carriers!

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Nea Rhomaioi was ...Re: Communication and Travel Next: Re: OU ships