Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: Re: Communication and Travel

Re: Communication and Travel

From: Jerry Han <jhan@i...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 18:05:38 -0400
Subject: Re: Communication and Travel

John Atkinson wrote:

> You wrote:
>
> >Though I actually favor the 'short' hop method that Jon describes.
^_^
>  (I >also love the stutterwarp from 2300AD....)
>
> Stutterwarp, however, makes a mockery of sublight combat--as I
> understand the system it's functional in all but the steepest gravity
> wells.

On the flip side, it also makes it pretty easy to fix; just figure out
how far out you want your limit given a G class star, and calculate what
the acceleration due to the Sun's gravity is at that point.  Then
limit the system to below that g acceleration.

The nice thing about systems that don't exist is that you can fix them
real easy for play balance.  (8-)

J.

--
Jerry Han - jhan@idigital.net - http://www.idigital.net/jhan - TBFTGOGGI
"There's only now, there's only here, give in to love, or live in fear.

Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: Re: Communication and Travel