Prev: RE: SG actions rule clarification Next: Remembering your own rules Re: SG actions rule clarification

RE: SG actions rule clarification

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:47:56 +1000
Subject: RE: SG actions rule clarification

-----Original Message-----
From: jatkins6@ix.netcom.com [mailto:jatkins6@ix.netcom.com]

>Actually, if you check P. 15, it says "Note that even if all the squad
>is together, one action NEED NOT (GZG's caps, not mine) affect ALL
>members of the squad - the player may decide to have some squad members

>fire at one target (eg. the ordinary troopers and the SAW gunner),
>while he uses the other action to make the squad's missle launcher fire

Exactly what I said?! The separate action is for firing a support weapon
(note that GMS's CANNOT fire as part of teh squad fire!?). Trevor is
referring to splitting riflemen fire which is where you would use a
detachment.

>>Breaking off a detachment is another example of using the rules to
gain >advantage.

>Then why is it in there?  Detachments are fairly common in RL--I've
>done a squad breach with a fire team breaching, right and left
>security, and a pair of guys with the '60 (Engineer platoons still have

>one per squad, at least in the Guard) supporting back on a hill.
>Total: 4 elements, two of one man each, plus the squad leader, who
>moves around a bit.

Come on John, please read what I wrote. I said the same thing.
Detachments are for a reason. Accomplashing separate tasks. Your use of
engineer breaching team is an example of what I was saying!?

Owen G

Prev: RE: SG actions rule clarification Next: Remembering your own rules Re: SG actions rule clarification