Prev: Darn Email Next: Re: SG actions rule clarification

RE: Nova Cannons

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:05:01 +0100
Subject: RE: Nova Cannons

On Wednesday, June 10, 1998 12:10 AM, Oerjan Ohlson
[SMTP:oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com] wrote:
> Tim Jones wrote:
>
> > Hence the Fleet Book, sort of deprecates them as they
> > upset play balance too much.
>
> The Fleet Book doesn't depreciate the Nova Cannon and Wave Cannon very
> much,

Deprecate isn't the same as depreciate, it wasn't a typo ;-)

The meaning is to play down or disapprove of something

What I meant was that FB1 still has them but there is an
editorial saying that they upset balance, are genre specific and should
be
used with caution if at all. I'm afraid you got the wrong end of the
stick.

> At least the Wavegun was specifically included for Anime-style battles
> (some of the Anime series, at least).

Yes, exactly, the idea is not include them in general fleet designs, in
the
FT universe say, as they are very genre specific.

tim jones
----

Prev: Darn Email Next: Re: SG actions rule clarification