Prev: RE: benign attachments Next: RE: benign attachments

RE: benign attachments

From: "Jonathan White" <jw4@b...>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 14:40:37 +0100
Subject: RE: benign attachments

On 9 Jun 98, at 14:27, Tim Jones wrote:
> The attachment was an HTML file which re-quoted the original
> message but was encoded in base64 to render it nasty looking.
> Several mailers on the list seen to use HTML
> or ASCII & RTF attachments to quote or reply, these though a bit
> annoying to non MIME aware mailers are _relatively_ benign as
> the messages are usually small.
> The no attachments rules are there to primarily deal with large
> binary attachments which are deliberate, HTML & ASCII and RTF are
> mostly configuration accidents, although they break the plain ASCII
only
> rule. I would counsel tolerance of the latter sort of infringement.
> tim jones
Quite so. A couple of people have posted HTML format messages since the
new rules
came in and I've tried to be polite with people about it. I'm fairly
well versed with the big
email clients and I can help people out with their settings if need be.

			TTFN
				Jon

Prev: RE: benign attachments Next: RE: benign attachments