Prev: Crew for Space Stations Next: RE: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal

Re: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@n...>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 13:41:43 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal

At 09:57 AM 6/5/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I would like to propose a change to the GMS/L and GMS/H systems as used
>in DSII
>
>They are purchased as individual missiles.
>GMS/H=1 Space
>GMS/L=0.5 Space

Kinda fiddly for longer/larger battles, really.  Though that would help
simulate some other games where units do have limited ammo.  (e.g.,
Heavy
Gear. ^_^ )

>Also, the number of missiles that may be launched are based on the
>guidance used by the launching platform.
>
>Basic=1 Missile
>Enhanced=2 Missiles
>Superior=3 Missiles

Ow!  So not only do superior firecons throw more accurate missiles, but
they throw more of them as well?  You sure about that?	If you're going
go this route, I'd rather see a seperate launcher system, so throwing
more
missiles just costs more space.  (Of course, then that's even more
recordkeeping, which is why I prolly wouldn't use it, but I'm playing
Devil's Advocate here.... ^_^ )

>Thsi would allow accurate representation of IFVs like the Russion BMP
>that carry a ATGM on a rail above the gun barrel as well as attack
>helicopters able to engage multiple targets in the span of a few
>seconds.

I can see buying, say, *a* missile as described above, but I don't think
I'd want to see detailed listings for two dozen different tanks (or
whatever) in a large engagement.  The abstraction is nice, y'know?

>I think also that ADS and LAD systems need to expand their defensive
>umbrellas to 48" so that missile armed gunships stop smoking them from
>beyond their engagement envelope.

I recall this point being brought up before, and I think Jon had a
reason
for setting the ranges as he did.  But I don't remember what it was -- I
wasn't interested in DSII back then.

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@NERC.com

Prev: Crew for Space Stations Next: RE: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal