Prev: Re: Fighter Mounts Next: Re: Fighter Mounts

RE: Fighter Mounts

From: "BEST, David" <dbest@s...>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 15:54:15 -0400
Subject: RE: Fighter Mounts

I am not fussy on this type of rule as it slows things down, complicates
things,requires more paperwork and (in my opinion)is not
necessary/realistic.  Fighter crews  would be trained and trained in
"surprise" launches and their take off time would be pretty consistent
(especially within the time involved in a turn).  Even fairly green
crews would still make it out of the ship in roughly the same time as
experienced crews - the difference in training would be reflected in
what they do once space-borne.	I think the only way dice rolling should
be used is if the fighter launching system (whatever it is) has taken
damage. I have the same problem  with rolling a die every turn to
determine if a weapon has recharged enough to fire although I guess the
point could be argued by saying other systems are competing for energy
in the middle of a battle.  To me a weapon would recharge at a fixed
rate according to the physics involved especially if it's not undergoing
unusual activities.

David Best