Prev: Damage Notation Next: RE: Damage Notation

Ship (In)Stability - Joke

From: "Michael Blair" <amfortas@h...>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 03:01:17 PDT
Subject: Ship (In)Stability - Joke

Ship (In)Stability - Joke
Do IJSN (Imperial Japanese Space Navy or whatever they are called) ships

have to make an involuntary roll if they lose more than half of their
damage boxes?
Not very funny I know but I have been reading about ship stability and
it appealed to me.

Distantly related true (?) story.
In bad weather one of the Larne-Stranraer (Scotland - Northern Ireland)
ferries took shelter in a bay up the coast and radioed Larne harbour
about the weather there to see if they could dock. They were told that
the Baltic Ferry had just docked. They replied "The Baltic Ferry is back

from the Falklands, we're back from the scrapyard. We're staying put."

Apparently on a passage with a lot of football supporters on board they
did not use the stabilisers, so they were too busy vomiting too cause
any trouble, although the bottom of a stairwell was a pool of vomit!

MRB.

Prev: Damage Notation Next: RE: Damage Notation