Prev: Re: Carrier status, was Re: More Fleet Book questions Next: Re: Vector movement

Re: Vector movement

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 09:03:34 -0700
Subject: Re: Vector movement

>How much does the vector system detract from the
>incredibly simple nature of the FT rules?
>
>John

It adds a bit in complexity - as several others have already pointed
out,
but I think that it more than makes up for the fact with realism.

For those who want that "hard sci-fi" feel, these rules are essential.
For
those who want as simple as possible, stick with the cinematic system.

IMO, the vector rules add more to the game than they detract from it in
complexity, but they definitely do force a slightly different way of
thinking - one that isn't always intuitive to new players.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Carrier status, was Re: More Fleet Book questions Next: Re: Vector movement