Prev: Carrier status, was Re: More Fleet Book questions Next: [FS] OGRE Miniatures

Re: More Fleet Book questions

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 18:51:02 +0100
Subject: Re: More Fleet Book questions

In message <l03010d03b196bda5b5ab@[195.188.107.162]>
	  Ground Zero Games <jon@gzero.dungeon.com> wrote:

> >Sorry if these have been answered before (is there a FAQ for the FB
> >yet?), but a few quick questions:
> >
> >Can Area Defence Fire Controls target all fighters/missiles within
> >6" of the ship, just as the original ADAFs could? The rules only
> >mention being able to target fighters attacking the ship itself, or
> >friendly ships within 6" of the ship.
>
> As written, the latter. However there might be good reasons for
deciding to
> allow the former as well.

I always considered the former to be as useful as the latter use.
Especially when you have swarms of missiles/fighters around your
little ships, which you just _know_ he's saving for your big ships
next turn...

> >How many fighters can be launched/recovered in a turn?
>
> At present, same as FTII.

Are there any plans to tidy this up? I've always felt that there
should be a 'launch bay' type system, which allows the launch/recovery
of one fighter group per turn. Currently (especially now since mass
limits have been removed), a mass 200 carrier with 8 fighter groups
can only launch as quickly as a mass 50 carrier with 2 fighter groups.

Stops all the questions about what a carrier is as well.

> Jon (GZG)

Okay, thanks.

--
Be seeing you,	     http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/Gaming/Gaming.html
Sam.		     ----------------------- Roleplaying and Wargaming

Prev: Carrier status, was Re: More Fleet Book questions Next: [FS] OGRE Miniatures