Prev: Re: FB - emblems Next: Carrier status, was Re: More Fleet Book questions

Re: SGII for Victorian SF?

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 15:32:13 +0000
Subject: Re: SGII for Victorian SF?

At 23:21 31/05/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Mark A. Siefert. <cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu> wrote
>>Hello:
>>	 I've been doing a little thinking.  I wonder just who
simple/difficult
>>it would be to use SGII for a Victorian Sci-Fi background.  Personally
>>think that a Colonial SGII would be a little simpiler to play, given
the
>>fact that you can leave out a lot of the technology.	(e.g. ECM,
>>Sensors, etc.) Any comments?
>
>Personally I've been working on changing DS2, mainly so I can put in
>those cool steam powered leviathans and stuff.
>
>--
>Steve

	Incidentally, Irregular Miniatures do an "Orc Tank" in 6mm which
they clearly chickened out of putting in their Crimean Miscellany range,
as
it's the proposed British 1850s traction-engine based tank (like an
upturned
pudding basin with scythes), rejected because it was "too barbaric".

Rob

"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Auld an bald!"
"

Prev: Re: FB - emblems Next: Carrier status, was Re: More Fleet Book questions