Prev: Re: FB - emblems Next: Re: FB - emblems

Re: EFSB Vector Movement vs. FB Vector Movement

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 09:11:43 +0100
Subject: Re: EFSB Vector Movement vs. FB Vector Movement

>In message <199805292349.BAA00239@d1o27.telia.com>
>	   "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com> wrote:
>
>> Samuel Penn wrote:
>> > Going by the TV series, turns in EFSB should be quite short, maybe
>> > a minute or so.
>>
>> Not to mention that the length scale to go with the 15 min. turns is
>> roughly 1 MU ~1000 km, and the battle scenes from the show look far
more
>> cramped than that. (IIRC, but I have no idea where I've picked this
up,
>> the B5 jump point is located some 700 km from the station - and
there's
>> been quite a lot of action in that space :-/ )
>
>Hmm... In Severed Dreams, there's a scene while Ivonova is flying
>towards the enemy starfuries, and the computer is giving a countdown
>of the range: "800km... 700km...". Given the speed at which the count
>drops, I'd guess both sides are closing at ~100km/s!
>
>Anyway, it suggests range to jump gate is somewhat higher than this.

I wouldn't read too much into things like this - though B5 is much
better
than Trek or most other shows for this kind of thing, it is still FAR
from
perfect - the dialogue often throws up minor stuff that is technically
weird. The CGI effects boys often seem to do their own thing as well,
especailly in battle scenes, which is why rating the ships for the game
was
so difficult (and so open to individual interpretation).

Jon (GZG)