Prev: SV: Re-Doing Beam Batteries Next: Re: Sa'vasku - ground forces (look & feel)

Re: Sa'vasku - ground forces (look & feel)

From: "Mark A. Siefert." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 14:09:45 -0600
Subject: Re: Sa'vasku - ground forces (look & feel)

Tom Granvold wrote:

> <snip>
> > Hmmmm ... one of our cats dragged in a dead stag beetle the other
day
> > (in that 'here you go, I've brought a present for you' kind-of-way
> > that cats have when they deposit dead wild life on the new carpet).
> > Now, if I could put the dead bug in a mould, cast it in metal -
there you go,
> > instant bug tanks !! On the other hand, would decaying chitin
> > react with silicon rubber - and do I really want to find out !?
>
>   Your lucky, my cat brings 'em in while they are still alive.  No
> beetles though, just birds and mice.

	Our first Brittany--God rest his furry soul--would often bring
various
forms of wild life from the field that was once next to our house.  They
were mostly garter snakes, mice, and plover chicks which he would kill
before bring them to one of us.  The one thing he would bring in that he
wouldn't kill were baby rabbits.  He carried them about in his mouth
alive and was reluctant to give them up.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

     "One quality of life I've pursued with absolute consistency is the
liberty to do whatever the hell I want.  I was always willing to die for
that liberty and now your saying that's what I've got to do?  Well I was
prepared for it all along--now gimme back my goddamned cigar!"

				     --Emerson Ngu
				     from "Pallas" by L. Neil Smith

cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		 http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/index.html
====

Prev: SV: Re-Doing Beam Batteries Next: Re: Sa'vasku - ground forces (look & feel)