Prev: Bugs Mr. Rico, Millions of them! Next: Re: GZG bugs

Sa'Vasku and Bugs

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 21:04:36 +0100
Subject: Sa'Vasku and Bugs

>On 28 May 98, at 14:01, Tim Jones wrote:
>> I'd hoped the Sa'Vasku would be a bit more
>> enigmatic in look than the SST Bugs
>> Hopefully some more variants/castes will appear
>> as I don't know how you'd build/grow a
>> starship with a single pincer as the main
>> manipulation appendage.
>The way I have always thought of it was that the Sa'Vasku don't
actually
>get their hands
>dirty. The ground forces / aerofighters / space fleet are all
>modified/engineered
>organisms witha very specific purpose. Thus, the 'bugs' you see don't
>build the
>spaceships and the bugs are built for a very specific job - mincing
human
>/ kravak
>ground troops. It's a lot better explanation than anything SST came up
>with for the huge
>variation in bug function. Basically,	they use biological constructs
>instead of tools, like
>the Humans or Kra'Vak do. This would explain the bit in MT where they
use
>an actual
>human host as, well, a sophisticated postcard.
>
>> To fit in with the FT ships they need to
>> look more arachnid/starfish like, than
>> the Bug arthropods (crayfish on steroids)
>Not necessarily, if you follow the model. Human ships aren't built in
>human form. An M16
>looks nothing like an F16 :). The point is no-one in the FT universe
knows
>anything
>about the Sa'Vasku yet, so presuming the big ships are actually the
>Sa'Vasku (or look
>anything like them) is possibly an error.
>

>			TTFN
>				Jon

Jon W. is correct here. No-one (including us <grin>) knows what a
Sa'Vasku
looks like, and possibly no-one ever will. Everything that is
encountered
in the games, so far at least, is a purpose built (grown?) bio-construct
-
this includes ground combat stuff, (the "bugs" and the bio-tanks etc),
plus
the starships.	Of course, some of the bigger ships may actually have
one
or more actual SV inside, but who's going to lead the boarding party to
take a look...?

As to BDS (and the FB Vol.2), I can't comment on publication dates for
either - they get done as the complex equation of time, money and
inspiration allows, and sadly not before. Rest assured we're not sitting
around here doing nothing (well, at the moment I'm sitting around
answering
emails....).

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Bugs Mr. Rico, Millions of them! Next: Re: GZG bugs