Prev: Re: GZG bugs Next: Re: GZG bugs

Re: EFSB Vector Movement vs. FB Vector Movement

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 14:41:46 -0700
Subject: Re: EFSB Vector Movement vs. FB Vector Movement

Jerry Han <jhan@idigital.net> wrote:

[snip]

>Now, here's the big question:	why the difference?  Is it simply
because
>most ships in B5 seem to turn like cows?  Or is there an actual play
>balance difference that means I should adopt the latter system?
>
>(Or did I and the people I've played EFSB with really mis-read the
>EFSB rules and that the systems are actually the same?)

[snip]

The way it was explained in the FB made perfect sense to me (pg.3). Once
you start a rotation, it keeps going till you stop it. Thus there is
essentially no difference between a 1 point rotation and a 6 point
rotation. In space no one can hear you yell, "Friction !"

This doesn't stop anyone who'd rather have it the other way to go ahead
and
do so, but I think that the maneuver thrusters should be equal to the
drive
rating if that's the case.

Schoon

Prev: Re: GZG bugs Next: Re: GZG bugs