Prev: Re: FB Armour (was: Re: Thoughts on FB .....) Next: OT-Games Workshop Sale

Re: FB Armour (was: Re: Thoughts on FB .....)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 22:56:29 +0100
Subject: Re: FB Armour (was: Re: Thoughts on FB .....)

>Ground Zero Games <jon@gzero.dungeon.com> wrote:
>
>>>A small change which would make armour a bit better, and also a lot
>>>more interesting (IMO) is if the armour value applied to each facing
>>>of the ship individually. So 10 points of armour gives you 10 points
>>>on the fore, 10 points on port etc.
>>>
>>>Then you can have all the fun of ships rotating to bring their still
>>>armoured sides to face the enemy.
>>
>>This was an idea that I considered when doing the new armour rules,
but
>>dropped it as being a little too complex; it could still pop up as an
>>option in FT3.[snip]
>
>I dislike the idea for two reasons:
>
>1) As I've said in previous posts, I think that it complicates the
system
>too much.

Agreed, which is why I said we dropped it. I am only suggesting that it
be
might be offered as an OPTION in FT3, not a basic rule!

>2) I would require a fairly serious modification to the ship's SSDs

Yes, but if you are doing genre-specific ones then you'll be drawing out
your own SSDs anyway.

[snip]
>Schoon

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: FB Armour (was: Re: Thoughts on FB .....) Next: OT-Games Workshop Sale