Prev: Re: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB Next: Testers Needed

FB Armour (was: Re: Thoughts on FB .....)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 19:56:30 +0100
Subject: FB Armour (was: Re: Thoughts on FB .....)

[snip]

>A small change which would make armour a bit better, and also a lot
>more interesting (IMO) is if the armour value applied to each facing
>of the ship individually. So 10 points of armour gives you 10 points
>on the fore, 10 points on port etc.
>
>Then you can have all the fun of ships rotating to bring their still
>armoured sides to face the enemy.

This was an idea that I considered when doing the new armour rules, but
dropped it as being a little too complex; it could still pop up as an
option in FT3. It could certainly be used for players that like it, if
they
don't mind the extra detail and having to note which arc any fire is
coming
in from. Logically it would use the same 6 arcs as the fire arcs, with
armour split between the arcs either equally or not depending on design
choices. BTW, the same theory can be applied to screens for some
specific
genres, eg: Star Trek, where having screens/shields covering individual
arcs fits the background - on a threshold, roll for each arc of the
screen
- they can be lost individually.

Jon (GZG)