Prev: [OT] Re: Are the FSE and NSL natural enemies? Next: RE: Morale, was Re: Low Tech Scenarios

FB, was Re: Are the FSE and NSL natural enemies?

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 06:26:51 +0200
Subject: FB, was Re: Are the FSE and NSL natural enemies?

Jason wrote:

> BTW I missed all the talk on the Fleetbook and am still waiting on Nic
> get more in for me. Could someone give a breif blurb about the changes
and
> what the different nations fleets are like?

Changes:
- New design system gives a lot more options (or forces you to make a
lot
more hard choices, depending on your point of view).
- Alternative vector movement system formalised.
- Slight changes to point defence (able to damage ships... barely),
pulse
torps (can be multi-arc) and needle beams (can damage hull structure as
well as destroy specific systems).
- New weapon: Salvo Missile Launcher. Unpredictable - can be anything
from instant death to complete duds.
- Armour completely re-worked.

Fleets:
NAC: Reasonably fast, mainly beam weapons & screens.
NSL: Slow. Virtually no screens; relies on armour instead. Good point
defences.
FSE: Very fast, usually large (ie, larger than other fleets'
corresponding classes). Mainly a missile-using force.
ESU: Not too fast, reasonably all-round designs.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: [OT] Re: Are the FSE and NSL natural enemies? Next: RE: Morale, was Re: Low Tech Scenarios