Prev: Re: Bogey Classes FB Next: Re: Ogre Mini's for DS availability

Re: Bogey Classes FB

From: "Why tights? Why a cape? You're a grown man; don't you feel ridiculous?" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 15:22:06 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Bogey Classes FB

>[snip]
>>The question of bogey identification came up in a v-small PBeM game
I've been
>>trying to run. What I would do is roll 2d6, keeping the rolls
seperate. One
>>would be a +/- roll (eg, odd = +, even = -). The other would detail
the very
>>approximate Mass of the target ship. The numbers would range like
this:

>>1,2 = +/- 20 Mass, 3,4 = +/- 30 Mass, 5 = +/- 40 Mass, 6+ = unable to
obtain
>>a Mass reading
[...]
>I like the idea of SIMPLE, but not simplistic. Though you method
provides
>uncertainty and detail, I think it involves too much dice rolling. I'd
>prefer a simple counter that cn be flopped out on the map by the
referee at
>a glance.

Well, like I said, it was a kludge. It was something I whipped up to get
us into the game because we didn't have any good manners in doing
bogeys.
I just offered it out here as a method I used, wasn't suggesting anyone
actually *adopt* it.  ;-)   (they'd hafta be more insane than I to do
so!)

Mk
-
"Well, you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set
fire
to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'Mara. But, it's an
imperfect
world, and we never get exactly what we want. So get used to it."

Prev: Re: Bogey Classes FB Next: Re: Ogre Mini's for DS availability