Prev: Re: Mobile mines Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios

Re: Mobile mines

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 23:05:06 +0100
Subject: Re: Mobile mines

[snip]>
>What you just described is the Wide Area Mine (WAM) being developed for
the US
>armed forces.	Each mine carries two projectiles allowing it to engage
follow-
>up targets.  They are also being modified to make use of the arcing
flight you
>describe to engage low-flying, slow aircraft like helicopters;  thus
the
>reason in Dirtside II that minefields can attack VTOLs.  Jon modeled
his
>minefields off the WAM program, so yes they definitely are Dirtside.

Actually, no I didn't, because I'd never heard of it till now! Sounds a
neat idea though, and it was KIND of the thing I had in mind when I did
the
"jumping mines" rules - an emplaced remote launcher of some kind that
fires
either a penetrator or a scatter warhead straight up when it detects a
grav
or VTOL craft low overhead.

Jon (GZG)