Prev: Re: Low Tech Scenarios Next: Re: Mobile mines

Re: Low Tech Scenarios

From: NVDoyle <NVDoyle@a...>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 21:52:28 EDT
Subject: Re: Low Tech Scenarios

In a message dated 98-05-17 21:29:43 EDT, The People write:

<< >I'm interested in small unit actions, set in the present. Does
anyone
 >else have any? I would certainly enjoy hearing about them.

 Hrm. . . Russians trying to bull their way through Chechens?  Green 3s
 with lots of firepower, going up against blue/orange 2/1s with not much

 but rifles and RPGs.	>>

Well, to properly simulate a DS2 Russian v. Chechen battle, first, if
the
Russian player has a good grasp of combined arms operations, lobotomize
him.
This should provide an accurate simulation of Russian operational style
in
that little exercise.
Keep telling the Russian that unsupported armor in an urban area is a
good
idea.
 The Chechens should have some GMS/Ls as well.	A few tanks, air defense
and
arty, for a later battle.  I could go on, but it's too depressing.

Noah V. Doyle

Prev: Re: Low Tech Scenarios Next: Re: Mobile mines