Prev: Re: Mines 8 (!) Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios

Re: Painting ALIENS (TM)

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 00:52:48 -0400
Subject: Re: Painting ALIENS (TM)

At 10:10 PM 5/15/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello:
>	This afternoon, I decided to do a little shopping.  I stopped
off at a
>local anime rental/model shop and found that they were selling Leading
>Edge ALIEN miniature box sets for 3 bucks a box!  I picked up the last
2
>Alien Warrior sets.  Now I am faced with the quadry of painting these
>bad boys.  I was thinking for qiving them a black base coat, followed
by
>a dry brushing with dark gray, and finshing them off with a gloss clear
>coat.	Does anyone have a better idea?
>--
>Later,
>Mark A. Siefert

I saw some beautiful Aliens that were painted by:
	Spraypainting them black, drybrushing them with a very light
grey, and
then inking them in undiluted purple ink.  They were then sprayed with a
semigloss coat.  They looked great, and if/when I ever get around to
painting my aliens, I will use this technique.
	On a side note, if you are looking for Colonial Marines, check
out the
Denizen Mid-Tech infantry.  They are a bit small and skinny compared to
most 25mm figures, but they look perfect next to the Aliens, who are
supposed to be a little bigger than humans.  And they look a LOT like
the
Marines from Aliens.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Mines 8 (!) Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios