Prev: RE: Mines 6 Next: Removing monowire (was RE: Wire Obstacles)

RE: Mines 8 (!)

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 21:59:18 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: Mines 8 (!)

You wrote:

>Canadian engineers are trained to disarm enemy mines.	In fact so are
>Canadian infantry.  As well, whenever they go to a specific theatre
they >get trained on disarming mines that may be found there.

Including AHDs and what not?  Not my particular piece of pie.  Go for
it.  Just warn me so I'm out of blast radius.  Playing games with
foreign mines that might be boobytrapped or worse is not my idea of
fun.

Reminds me of the first US casualty in Bosnia.	This was an E-7, so he
should have known better.  Tried to disarm a mine with a Leatherman.
They found it embedded in his skull.  In my book, he deserves it for
gross stupidity.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: RE: Mines 6 Next: Removing monowire (was RE: Wire Obstacles)