Prev: Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs Next: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?

Re: [ADMIN] List Practice

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 08:37:06 +0100
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] List Practice

>I've been asked by someone to post a message detailing what the 'rules'
of
>the list are. I'm going to point these outin as plain a language as
>possible.  From now on, anyone who breaches these rules once will get a
>warning from me. On the second breach, I won't bother warning the
culprit,
>I'll just unsub them and bar their email address. I hoe this clear.
>
>1) No attachments. This list is *not* for distributing binary files.
Nor
>does it officially recognise any of the newer 'rich text' mail formats
or
>HTML mail. All messages must be basic text only. The accepted practice
for
>binary files is to post the URL of a web site where they are available.
If
>you don't *have* a web site, there are people on this list who do and
will
>be willing to 'host' file downloads for people.
>
>2) No personal arguments. Some people consider flame wars to be part of
the
>'fun' of the internet. I don't. Personal abuse of list members (however
>justified the abuser feels it is) is not allowed.
>
>3) No irrelevancy. This list was set up to *specifically* discuss the
>products of Ground Zero Games and their associated
retailers/distributors.
>Not only does this disallow obviously irrelevant content such as
political
>differences or such, but also general discussions about other people's
>games. If the same people repeatedly shift discussion topics to the
point
>where there is negligible 'game' content they will be barred.
>
>Three rules folks, that's all. Stick to them and we'll all be happy.
DON'T
>stick to them and I'll have to lock you out. It's as simple as that.
>
>			TTFN
>				Jon

Well put, Jon... :)

Could I add a vote for a FOURTH rule: NO "ME TOO" POSTS!!! When someone
offers to email something to any members that want it, and asks those
interested to reply to him BY PERSONAL EMAIL, could people PLEASE
actually
take note of this and think before hitting the "reply" button?? This has
recently happened (yet again) with the FT design spreadsheet that Schoon
has been offering - he did exactly the right thing and asked for
personal
replying via the list.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs Next: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?