Prev: Re: Mines, Part 5 Next: Re: SGII and Mercs

Low tech SG (was Re: A Humble Request)

From: tlsmith@m... (Terrance L. Smith)
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 23:14:50 -0600
Subject: Low tech SG (was Re: A Humble Request)

>Could everyone, including all you lurkers, post where you are?

A mostly lurker in Nampa, Idaho (near Boise), USA. I own FT and DS, but
have been having so much fun with SG that I have not played them yet.

RE Stargrunt, there was a thread awhile back that related to low tech
opponents for assualt rifle armed platoons. I have been giving some
thought
to this as it is a scenario idea that interests me.

I am thinking of breach loader rifles and no electronic communications.
My
paper projections suggest that 3-12 man squads with breach loaders (fire
power 1, like hunting rifles, but I think I will lower the impact to d8)
will have a chance if they outnumber the high tech unit (perhaps a
platoon
of low tech against 2 squads of high tech). These squads will start out
rolling a d12 fire power die, but would be fragile. The fire power would
drop rapidly with casualties to a d6 with 6 remaining figures.

I may allow bugles or whistles for communication with a range of 12
inches.

I have the figures now and plan to run a playtest sometime in the next
two
months. I'll let you know what happens.

Has anyone else tried such a scenario? How did it go? Any other ideas or
suggestions?

Terrance L. Smith, Ph.D.
tlsmith@micron.net
Nampa, Idaho

Prev: Re: Mines, Part 5 Next: Re: SGII and Mercs