Prev: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: Re: Enough of this...

Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 11:07:56 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

You wrote:

>Before you go writing off the M9 bayonet. I actually started to like
it >because it has a built in wire cutter and  damn good one too (as
does the >AK bayonet). You pull the M9 out of it's sheath and there's a

I'm an engineer, so I've usually got a small bolt cutter to cut the
wire team.  I guess M-9 is a somewhat decent second best, but as far as
using it in a fight?

>BTW, if I was ordering a deliberate assault on a position I would have
the >boys fix bayonets since it adds morale courage to the attackers
and scares >the hell out of the enemy. I found myself in such a

Which is already taken into account in reaction checks and confidence
checks for close assault.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: Re: Enough of this...