Prev: Re: Full Steam Next: Re: Full Steam

Re: Full Steam

From: "Jeremy Sadler" <jsadler@e...>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 23:30:21 +1000
Subject: Re: Full Steam

>As there seems to be an upserge in interest I will do what I said I
would
>not.  Here are my rules for WWII naval combat based on FT and Binan
set.
>Included are short campaign rules and a ship description sheet.  All in
>word format sorry.
>
>These rules were tested in a campaign run of Hunt the Bismarck, they
worked
>OK but are far from perfect.
>
>Neil Morgan

I don't know about anyone else, Neil, and please don't take this
personally,
but it took a while for your message to download. Posting Word files (in
fact, most files) to a mailing list is generally considered taboo,
especially as Word files can contain macro viruses. I'm not saying yours
do,
but some can. Also, some people pay by the download (I don't) and may
get
very upset at having to wait so long for one message that they may not
have
any interest in.

I'm not saying DON'T post these things, please!!  What I would suggest
is
perhaps put them on the web, either on a page of your own or by sending
one of the other FT pages, and then post a URL pointer to the mailing
list.
Saves everyone a lot of time and heartache.

I'm not flaming you, though I believe you will probably be receiving
some
very soon.  These are just my suggestions to you, for next time!

JS
----
Jeremy Sadler: jsadleratearthlingdotnet (You can work it out)

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair.  Then I
thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible
things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?  So, now
take great comfort in the
general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - J. Michael
Straczynski

Prev: Re: Full Steam Next: Re: Full Steam