Prev: Re: Wire Obstacles Next: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 21:18:22 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

You wrote:

>And its utility off the rifle is of little doubt. Most military
>people I know tend to carry 2-3 bladed tools/weapons on their person
>(a gerber, leatherman, or swiss army knife/tool,  a bayonet (issue),
>and often another knife - a short or long bladed fighting knife like
>a bowie or a sykes-fairburn). Knives are quiet (as pointed out),

I'll second that about half-way.  I personally carry a leatherman and a
second knife with a 6 1/4 inch blade.  I have yet to use the latter for
anything of substance.	90% of all knife work in the military consists
of cutting 550 cord.  :)  I don't know what I'd do with a bayonet if I
had one, and I wouldn't like to trust the M-9 in a fight anyway.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Wire Obstacles Next: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device