Prev: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: RE: Stargrunt/Dirtside

Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 16:15:32 -0700
Subject: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

Thomas Barclay wrote:
...Snip...JTL
> In the Somalia piece, as I recall, there was one case of a man
> advancing firing his AK while clutching his baby. (Or a baby). That
> makes for a tough choice for the soldier facing that. I don't know
> about you, but I'd feel pretty rotten if I had to (accidentally even)
> take out a baby. You know it isn't the baby's fault.....
...Snip...JTL
> Tom.

Tom,
     As the question really comes down to: choose to Live or Die.
I for one made the choice a long time ago, Life.
     While I agree that I would feel rotten about the action,
I would shoot first and feel rotten later.

Sorry to have offended, none is intended.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: RE: Stargrunt/Dirtside