Prev: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: Crew Quality & Experience [Long]

Re: [OT] How do you run an internet sale.

From: "Oh, for the solitude, I suppose. And what attracted you to rock climbing?" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 14:46:40 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [OT] How do you run an internet sale.

>	 After moving back to my home after six months of
divorce-imposed
>exile, we are in the process catching up on years of backlogged home
>improvements (paint, new carpeting, finishing the work on my bedroom
>that my mother stopped when I was 10-years-old.)  While moving stuff
out
>off my room so that it might be painted, I had a chance to sort through
>the role playing and war games I have accumilated over the years. Games
>that I don't play anymore, or never played at all.  Games that are just
>taking up space.
>	I've decided to hold an internet sale to clear this stuff out.
Since
>I've never done this before I need suggestions about just how to handle
>this.	Can anyone give some pointers?

rec.games.board.marketplace

Go there, examine how other people are doing their sales/auctions. Ask
them
questions directly. That'd prolly be your best, easiest, and fastest way
of
getting some ideas on how to do this (since there are different ways of
doing
it ;).

There's a seperate newsgroup if you're dealing with collectible trading
cards (which one of these days I'm gonna find some time and plow through
that so I can sell my excess off :-/ ).

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: Crew Quality & Experience [Long]