Prev: Re: EFSB ships systems displays Next: Re: Crew Quality Rules (Full Grunt)

Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 20:24:14 -0400
Subject: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

We found them to be perfectly useful In Haiti for Crowd control. A guy
will
recoil away from a rifle with a bayonet in that kind of situation before
he
recoils away from just the rifle.

They're also good for good old fashion silent kill. Especially if one
doesn't
have the funds to afford a good combat knife in addition to a bayonet,
as
most third world soldiers can't.

Los

Peter Mancini wrote:

> Bayonettes are perfectly good for opening up cans, grinding coffee
beans,
> slitting those numerous letters from home open. They also double as a
> serviceable screwdriver, steak knife and can whittle amazing toys out
of
> wood.  How much would you pay for all of that? But wait there's more!
> Affix a bayonette to your rifle and Charge! with your buddy, first one
> trip and accidentally stick it into his friend WINS!
>
> Historically (certainly in the American War of Independence period)
the