Prev: Salaiva City ! Next: Re: I need Bayonets on my GZG figures!!

Re: Wire Obstacles

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 17:47:43 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Wire Obstacles

You wrote:

>The real point of Monomolocular Filiament is that it is a dirty
weapon. My >thinking on it has completely changed since this discussion
began. In the >Mercenary campaign I plan to run the mercs will have the
opportunity to use >'dirty tricks'. It's in the literature and it's in
real life so why avoid >it? Now then, if you deploy something as nasty
as land mines or MF as one >of your 'dirty tricks' then you risk -

*SNX*  I realize I havn't put out my post on mines yet, but to classify
*properly utilized* mines as a 'dirty trick' is. . . how to say this
without insulting someone's intelligence. . . a little pathetic?
Speaks of someone buying into a lot of poorly thought-out propaganda
put out by people who have the luxury of knowing they'll never come
near a combat zone.  An unmarked land mine next to a villiage's only
well is a terror weapon, a properly laid out AT minefield with proper
AP mines and Anti-handling devices is a militarily useful and legally
and morally acceptable weapon.

>things begin to happen. If the Rebels get too dirty, they lose the
support >of the people and their cell system falls apart. If the mercs

If the rebels get too dirty and the Mercs can utilize that effectively
in their propaganda, then the power supporting the Rebels (no such
thing as a dangerous rebellion without outside support) kisses them
off.

>MF really falls into the realm of Nova Cannons and so forth - things

I agree.  The PSB factor on it is way too high.

>understanding how things like this might work. I think the further we
get >from assuming Total War in our games, the more realistic they will
become.

Sounds like someone's been reading Clausewitz and actually
understanding it, which is a pleasant change.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Salaiva City ! Next: Re: I need Bayonets on my GZG figures!!