Prev: Crew Quality Rules (Full Grunt) Next: Stargrunt/Dirtside

RE: Dirtside campaign / FT Traveller

From: Michael Brown <mkkabrow@w...>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 19:08:43 -0700
Subject: RE: Dirtside campaign / FT Traveller

I picked up Imperial Squadrons this weekend, pulls together Trillion
Credit Squadron, Fifth Frontier War, and several encounters/patrons.
The best part is the section on calculating squadrons and Defense BN.  I
asked GDW if this stuff existed when Fifth Frontier War first came out.
This is a great tool to setup the background / fight out the "Overgame"
for a FT/DS2/SG2 campaign.

I envision an FT/DS2/SG2 campaign to involve 2-3 systems of 1-3 worlds
each.  DS2 could be used to the lower level battles, or a
"representative" sample (ie you lose this battle and your forces in
general are losing).  I don't see following a single unit through the
campaign to be a problem, decimated units will be replaced/rebuilt (at a
lower quality/morale).	Winning units would tend to offset the morale
effects of losses.

Just a couple of thoughts,

Michael Brown

BTW there is a DS2/SG2 min-campaign on my website
http://www.wco.com/~mkkabrow