Prev: RE: Wire Obstacles Next: RE: Wire Obstacles

Re: Wire Obstacles

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 22:46:17 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Wire Obstacles

You wrote:

>Actually the problem with MF is that it requires tension and force to
work. >Concentina Wire has tension and strength and sharpness.	The

>Now then, the problem with MF is that is is sharp enough that it can
cut >through a steel pole, but unless it is perfectly efficient, which

So what do you string it on?  Can't tie it to a steel pole, or you'd
chop the pole in half.	More so for vegetation and other crap.	IMHO
"monomolecular wire" is a cheezy plot device introduced by SciFi (as
opposed to SF) writers who havn't done their homework.	Then we have
the question as to what idiot you're going to talk into tying it to our
steel pole and how you'll keep him from accidentally removing his own
apendages.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: RE: Wire Obstacles Next: RE: Wire Obstacles